Joining CAP – Cadet Members
To become a cadet in the Civil Air Patrol you MUST be at least 12 years old and you must be no older than 18.
You can download a CAP Cadet Membership Form in PDF format.
Joining CAP – Senior Members
All applicants for Senior membership must meet the following prerequisites:
- Possess the desire, willingness, and capability to promote the objectives of the Civil Air Patrol.
- Must be at least 18 years old. Active duty members of the Armed Forces can join CAP as a Senior member at any age.
- United States citizen or alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the U.S.
- No felony conviction by any court of record whether federal, state, or military.
- No pattern of arrests and/or convictions including but not limited to sex offenses, child abuse, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (DUI), dishonesty, and violence.
- If you were previously in the active duty military, you must have been discharged under honorable conditions.